Here are some go-to resources for those times when the super dad in your house wants to bond with the kids over a fun project. He'll find plenty of inspiration!
- Geek Dad: Awesomely Geeky Projects and Activities for Dads and Kids to Share: Perfect if the dad in your house is a total geek. (I mean that in a nice way, of course.) Right now, the geeks at my house are working on a Lego cartoon. Other very interesting projects include a homemade Slip and Slide, a kite that lights up so you can fly it at night, and pirate cartography. Awesome, indeed!
- And for the science geek...The Geek Dad Book for Aspiring Mad Scientists: The Coolest Experiments and Projects for Science Fairs and Family Fun.
- Not into gadgets and circuits? Handy Dad is a great book full of DIY projects for the kids and dads to do together.
- Handy Dad in the Great Outdoors is another option for the outdoorsy type.
- For more projects online, I love this fun round-up at Parent Map.
- They're using up Mom's old make up to make some cool art at Critters and Crayons.
- They're helping out with the Summer Book Club at Toddler Approved.
- They're fixing up some food the picky eaters at Rainy Day Mum.
- They're doing a little DIY at Glittering Muffins.
- They're gardening at Word Play House.
- They're tinkering with electronics at Mama Smiles.
- They're counting (and sorting) their pennies at The Golden Gleam.
And don't miss Dads' Month at Let the Children Play! You'll find a ton of great articles on the role of fathers today, plus more fun activities and resources.
Do you have more project ideas to add to the list?
Whew! That should keep the dads and kids busy. What will I do with all that time to myself?! :)