After a wild week of snow days/power outages and another week of computer virus/dead hard drive issues...I'm glad to be all reconnected and ready to talk valentines.
Here's what I'm loving in the heart department this year:
Free Printable Valentines
- Check out my new printable valentines: Silly Homophones and Flying Friends. Both sets come together as one free download. The first set is best for older kids who get homophone humor. I had to explain them to my kindergartener, but my second grader thinks they're
sew suiteso sweet. Are your littles too little for homophones? The Flying Friends set pictured above are great for any age.
- Also, shoot over to The Long Thread, where you'll find the best list of printable valentines and other V-Day crafts. I think I love the cupid pencil/arrow cards best!
Books to Love
Every Valentine's Day (month), we read Love, Lola, by Diane deGroat. It's a cute story about little Lola who really wants to get into the spirit of passing out valentines. Unfortunately for Lola, everyone in her house is too busy to help. She perseveres, and at the end of the day she receives a special surprise. Yay for perseverance! Yay for surprises!
What's your family Valentine's Day fave? If you need some ideas, I found a few new lovable reads via this list from Frecklebox and this one from Silly Eagle Books.
Or you could just make your own Valentine book. More on that Wednesday... Yes, that's right, two posts in one week! (I'm making up for my two week absence!)
|What is my son making? Find out over at PreK+K Sharing!|
- Here's the perfect way to celebrate the heart: Jamie from Hands On As We Grow, and 75 bloggers are joining together to create The Heart Project. It's a very special ebook of 100 Valentine's Day and heart related projects for you to do with or for your kids. Best of all, the proceeds benefit the American Heart Association. You can download the book starting February 1.
- These cards made from recycled paper materials are also cool. (Again, from The Long Thread.)
- Fingerprint Hearts: There are lots of fingerprint heart projects floating around. You can read about our latest version here.
- Want more? You'll find some lovely inspiration over at Pinterest. Check it out, and then come back Wednesday for more heart-shaped fun. Here's a little preview...