- Play this Story Starters game from Penny Carnival. I love it!
- Read the lyrics to your favorite holiday music. Are you singing the songs correctly? I know I'm a bit fuzzy on Frosty the Snowman, for example. Practice your caroling. If you're really brave, go and sing to some neighbors!
- Make a holiday or snow day alphabet book, kind of like this, only winterish. :)
- Make a cool shadow puppet theater like this. Act out your favorite holiday or winter stories.
- Play library: My kids spent about two hours last week taking all the books out of their cubbies, reorganizing them and making library-like displays. Then they "checked out" lots of books they hadn't seen in a while, and sat in the middle of stacks of books in their messy room/library to read. Awesome!
- Download some fresh audiobooks and listen to them while you wrap gifts or cuddle on the couch in pajamas. You could pick some holiday classics or just go with something you love. We're getting ready to start The BFG.
- Do some winter projects.
Speaking of relaxing, I'm taking a blog break while my kids are on winter break, so I'll see you back here in January! Happy holidays, everyone!